Mobile tickets are a great way to make train travel more convenient. With no need to queue for tickets at the station, you're free to head straight for your train!
- Simply book using the website.
- Select 'Mobile Ticket' as your collection option.
- Download the Trainline App from your device's app store.
- Click the Download link on your Booking Confirmation E-mail and your tickets will appear in the 'My Tickets' section of the app (how do I get the app?).
- Activate your mobile ticket before you board the train.
- The ticket will then change colour and be ready for inspection by station staff and train crews.
You can activate your ticket even if you don't have any mobile signal, just make sure you're not out of battery!
Mobile tickets are accepted by Virgin Trains, Virgin East Coast, CrossCountry Trains, Greater Anglia, Northern Rail, First Transpennine Express and Great Western Railway on a rapidly increasing range of routes.
Some station barriers will have scanners to allow you through, however if they don't you just need to show your mobile ticket to a member of staff on hand at the barrier.