If you have booked more than one ticket our system will always try and group the seats together. Sometimes the sequence of seat numbers suggests that the seats aren't together when in fact they are. e.g. 2 seats around a table.
If your seats are not grouped together then either:
- the train is full, only limited availability left
- the ticket types you have booked don't match
- 2 separate bookings were made independently of each other
- the ticket type you have purchased does not include automatic seat reservations.
- Seat reservations may not be available on the journey you are taking – e.g. if it is a short distance service.
On many long distance routes there are usually non-reservable carriages so you may be able to find seats together on the day of travel.
For more information on seat reservations please see Can I reserve a seat?